Originally constructed in 1896 as the Macleay Building at SW 4th Avenue and Washington Street, this 5 story masonry building was remodeled into an Art Deco style department store in the 1940’s. More recently it was home to the Greek Cusina restaurant for many years, while the upper stories lay vacant. This gut remodel is intended to return the building to its original uses of ground floor retail with offices above, and includes a seismic upgrade and all new systems. Modern upgrades include a larger elevator and stairway, accessible toilet rooms, a green roof, rooftop solar array and fifth floor terrace. BSA was responsible for shepherding the project through the Design Review and Building Permit processes, as well as obtaining approval for multiple Building Code Appeals. Occupancy is targeted for mid 2016.